Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 15: Chapel Hill

I am trying to recover from jet lag right now. But I just wanted to finish this blog with some final reflections on my adventure in the Middle East.

I feel so lucky to have had this experience and hope to go back sometime soon. Seeing all the different cultures has given me a new perspective, specifically on this region. Even though this area has many similarities, each city has something unique to offer, from food to architecture to sports, etc.

This experience has inspired me to visit other countries and continue to capture their cultures through my love of photojournalism. Being able to express each countries' social, economic, or political issues through photography enriched my experience beyond traditional tourism. I have also met so many new and interesting people that essentially created my experience.

Although I had a great time, it is good to be home with my friends. Coming back to the United States has given me a new appreciation for familiar comforts of living here.

I hope you have enjoyed reading my adventures as much as I have enjoyed experiencing them.